Dongle (DESkey DK2) Device Driver Installation V8.20.21
Our software is protected by a hardware dongle. In order for it to operate correctly you first need to install the device driver by following these instructions:
- Remove the dongle from the PC. (This step is very important as failure to do this could result in it failing to be recognised by the software following the installation of the new device drivers).
- Login as a user with "Administrator" privileges.
- Download the latest dongle device driver installation program.
- Install the new device drivers by unzipping the downloaded file then running dk2win3264_8.20.21.exe.
- The install program will ask the user if the DK2 [the security dongle] is located on a DK2 Network Server. Select this option if applicable. Note: for more information on Multiple User / Network Mode see Section 2 of this document.
- Reboot the PC if prompted to do so.
- Attach the dongle to a spare USB port on the PC.
- If you get the "Found New Hardware" wizard when you insert the dongle make sure that "Install the software automatically" option is selected and press "next". This should correctly match the installed driver to the dongle.
- When the DK2 drivers are successfully installed you can check the status of your licence by downloading and running this program.